Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Just a Little Moment

Despite all the stress eating I did this week, including all the sugar from today, I am feeling refreshed that it is Friday night and I'm cleaning the house.  I've come to grips with the fact that my house will not be perfectly clean for my incoming guest. I've eaten dinner, scrubbed out the litter boxes *yippie*, made a Target run, swept the floors, made the guest room bed.

Now here I sit, for a moment of stillness and relaxation, listening to some great folk-rock music on my iPod.  I contemplate the need to buy a new iPod speaker system as mine is getting bad with static. I'm looking at the kitchen table, deciding that its really clutter and will need to be picked up before my guest arrives in a little over an hour.  I poured myself an Angry Orchard Traditional Dry cider.  As I've grown older, I've strayed away from the flavor of beer and have come to enjoy things a little more sweet.


I'm hopeful for a fun weekend. My husband is out of town and my guest is my closest friend from....too many years ago (17 to be exact).  We have been through thick and thin, friends, new boyfriends, ex-boyfriends, best friends, back stabbing, sickness, death, months without seeing each other. Some recent life developments make this time even more precious.  I'm not sure what this weekend has in store for us.  I know there will be tons of talking...oh and some gossiping included I'm sure.  I have a couple of bottles of wine in the fridge and some fun stuff to add to cups of hot cocoa (it's too hot for hot cocoa).  I look forward to leisurely strolls down State Street for shopping and people watching.  The garden needs to be tended too. I hope for late afternoon naps and chick flicks on the tv.  I will appreciate every little moment.

Now this little moment is over. I must de-clutter this kitchen table, wipe down the bathroom counters, and sweep the kitchen floor before she arrives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment