Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Broccoli Slaw Spaghetti

Yes I stole this from Elle over at PriorFatGirl. Go over there for the recipe.

I changed it up a little bit by using homemade spaghetti sauce. I fry up some onions in a tiny bit of olive oil. I use a can of Hunt's tomato sauce and a can of Hunt's tomato paste. I add some garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and just a pinch of sugar. With the 93% lean ground beef, the sauce alone carries only 210 calories. When the slaw is added, the recipe is 260 calories.

I was surprised by how full this actually made me. I was unable to help myself to a second serving like I usually would had i had pasta instead of the slaw. I wish I would have taken a picture. Give it a try.

Broccoli Slaw Spaghetti

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I see you loved it! Wow, that recipe for sauce sounds amazing. I'm going to have to learn how to do that. It's only breakfast time and your spaghetti sauce already has me thinking about dinner! Yuuum!

    Elle

    ReplyDelete