Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Counting Calories

I haven't posted in a little bit of time. I think I've been at a mind blank again.

So last week, I worked out four out of seven days, which isn't all that bad for me. I thought I was watching what I was eating, but I must not have too closely because I actually GAINED weight last week. Maybe it's that I watched it go into my mouth but wasn't really watching whether or not it was healthy.  I think it's a small accomplishment for me that I only went to Subway (which is located across the street from work) once last week. I used to go there atleast twice a week and sometimes more. Now I just need to be successful in staying out of the candy box at work. I know how to solve this, with a bag of Jolly Ranchers, sucking on one when I need a sugar fix.

Anyway, the goal for this week is to write down everything I eat and count my calories. I really don't have a clue what amount of calories I should be eating each week but the Biggest Loser for Wii tells me I should be eating 1620cal/day. I think this is doable, especially if I work out. I noticed when I went to the grocery store this weekend, I was really paying attention to the calories on things I bought. I'm struggling a bit because I have been wanting to stay away from artificial sweeteners but the calorie counts on some full calorie products are so much higher than their counterparts. So for now I will pick and choose what Lite products I will eat.

So here is to counting calories this week AND continuing to work out. *We're supposed to have some beautiful weather this week!*

No comments:

Post a Comment