Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Resolutions

I'd like to say resolutions have worked for me in the past but they haven't. So I am setting some goals. Some goals are really random, and some build on what I've done in the last year.

1. Stay caught up with the dirty dishes and empty the dishwasher right when the dishes are clean. I like to cook. I dont like to cook in a dirty kitchen. When the kitchen is dirty, i tend to go for something easy and highly fattening like frozen pizza because it doesnt take much in the way of dishes to make. So if the dishes are in the dishwasher, the kitchen is clean and I cook healthy.

2. Keep the interior of my car clean. I heard some where that if your surroundings are organized so is your mind. My car never gets all that bad but it does get away from me at times and I find i cant find a pair of shoes in the closet because my car has become a closet.

3. I have committed to two races this year; the Shamrock Shuffle 10k on St. Patty's Day and the Minneapolis Duathlon. Ive never run a 10k and I'm working on training for it. Should be interesting. And the Duathlon has two 5k runs. So these two are going to be pushing my limits.

4. Track my food every day, no matter what I eat. Enough said.

So here's to 2012.




2 comments:

  1. A goal is a goal, no matter how random. The important part is that you have something to reach for.

    By the way, I'm fond of #4 myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just registered today for the Shamrock Shuffle. It's my first 10k too!

    ReplyDelete