Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Childhood Lessons

I was perusing the internet looking for ideas on what to write a blog about. I've been stuck again and looking for ideas. So I came across a website that mentioned three self improvement techniques we should take from kids.

  1. "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again."
  2. "Once bitten, twice shy."
  3. Beauty is on the inside.

I sit and think about these things I was taught when I was a kid. The first technique is obvious and has come into play. I gained most of my weight during my five years in college and have had numerous attempts at losing those pounds. I will admit, I haven't been at all successful in any of those attempts. The most successful was two years ago when I just watched what I ate for a month and lost ten pounds, which I thought was pretty easy. I think my problem is that I procrastinate. I keep thinking that I will do it next week or I'll start that tomorrow. At some point I have to be successful at it right? If I try hard enough and keep trying over and over, sometime it will be successful? It has to work :)


The second technique I actually had to look up. I wasn't sure what it meant but it is something I can bring into this journey. I just have to remember how my tummy hurts when I eat certain foods or how I feel when I work out *good!*. It took me a long time to figure out that it was my favorite salad at Applebees that was making me sick. I've learned that the salad isn't worth the nausea it makes me feel 30 minutes later. I have to start thinking that if I eat those jelly beans, my pants will be tight! So much easier said than done I suppose.


Beauty is on the inside. Hmm...I feel like that is something that comes up constantly and it should be true. I could go into a rant about how society has taught us that beauty is actually on the outside but I won't.  I think beauty is inside. I also think it is in the attitude the person has. There are some pretty people on the outside, but boy are they ugly and mean on the inside.


So I was looking for something to write about and I could keep going but I am quickly running out of steam, as I often do. Tomorrow night...maybe another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment