Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

My First Veggie Review

So it's been almost a week since Pat and I started eating a vegetarian diet. It's been quite an adventure that I have really enjoyed so far.

Over the weekend, we had our first opportunity to eat out. I find that doing this is making me be very picky about what I order from the menu. No longer can I just order on impulse because most of those impulse orders include meat. I really notice that most menus are filled with meat! I really want to have soup on Saturday but the restaurant we were at only had soup with chicken; there were 5 different soups! So I ended up ordering a dish that I normally would have skimmed over for something with chicken. I feel like I am expanding my options.

Lastnight, after a light lunch and a long day of driving home from the Twin Cities, I was starving. I had not done my usual snacking in the car while driving technique. Just a bottle of water and half a can of Coke Zero. We decided to stop at Chipotle for dinner and ordered a vegetarian burrito. It was beyond yummy! I might never go back to chicken.


Tonight for dinner we had Boca Spicy Chik'n Patties. I have always liked the traditional Boca Burgers. I think they taste like meatloaf. So I had to try these. I dont think I have had a true chicken patty in years! Really, I don't remember the last time I had one. I am very impressed at how similar these are. Tonight I had them on a bun with cheese and catchup. Last week, I cut one up and put it on a salad with some dressing. That was delicious as well. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who is looking for a chicken alternative.

After I am done with this post, I plan on doing some menu planning for the week so that we can hit up the grocery store tomorrow night. I am looking forward to making some soups so I have something different to eat at lunch. I have been eating prepackaged frozen meals from my fridge and almost went to Subway today.

No comments:

Post a Comment