Sunday, May 8, 2011

I've Been Neglectful

I'm sorry blog...I have been neglecting you.

I have had a pretty relaxing week. I am starting to get used to this exercise thing. It is really starting to become a part of my daily life. Or, atleast I am making it be that way. I don't really have anything specific to write about tonight. So I will just write about my week.

My hubby was out of town most of the week, leaving me to babysit our new kitty, work, and fend for myself. We picked up a new kitty from the Iowa County Humane Society last Saturday. She is a teeny bit over a year old and has the farts! How could we not be told about the farts when we picked her up?  I think it is actually due to the fact that I have been feeding her the same food that we feed our other cat who has long fur and gets fed hairball food. Maybe this food has too much fiber for our little kitty.  I purchased some kitten food at the grocery store this morning so I have yet to see what the results are. 

Ugh, I need a vacation from work...that is all I have to say about my work week.

I got three days in of working out last week. I really pushed myself last Sunday and again on Friday to do week 2 of Couch to 5k, 90 seconds of running followed by 2 minutes of walking. I think that is what I will do this week as well. Week 3 scares me for some reason. My first 5k is next weekend in Chicago. I'm not sure what the plan is. I will probably be walk/jogging it since I am only on week two of C25K. I am praying for nice weather.

Wednesday, I went on a four mile walk with hubby. We would have gone further but it was getting dark and he wasn't dressed for the weather. I was actually pretty surprised how much my legs hurt from just walking that far. I can understand all the training that has to be done for the Susan G Koman 3 Day Walk.  Today I pulled the bike off of the trainer in the basement, lubed up all the moving parts, strapped on my helmet and got on the road. I was planning on a 20 mile route on the new Badger Trail and then back through Verona. I ended up with a flat tire at Verona Rd and Mckee.  Well, I had a new tube but no air the inflate it. The first guy that stopped realized he didn't have any air either! I wished him a good ride and went to my cell phone to start calling friends in Verona. No one answered their phones so I even resorted to calling my boss. He didn't answer his phone either. About 20 minutes after I initially stopped, a very kinda lady stopped to help me with my tire. I had nothing to give her except for my thanks. I cut my ride a little short and only put in 17 miles today.  My first ride of the season included a flat tire and ended with my first bike short tan/burn line on my thighs. I will be heading to a local bike shop tomorrow on my lunch break to pick up a couple of new tubes and some air.

No comments:

Post a Comment