Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Little Perspective

Tonight was the #priorfatpack pot luck. I dont even know if I have written about the #priorfatpack yet. The priorfatpack is a group of people, men and women, that organized themselves because of the common goal of getting healthier and losing weight. We started out as just a random group of people that followed Jen's blog over at priorfatgirl. Well, we decided a few months ago that we would be doing a 5k as a group.

Tonight's potluck was nerve racking for my at first. I get nervous about being in a new group of people, alone. But within minutes, I did not feel alone. We all had a little something in common and everyone was so incredibly welcoming! I was so surprised and happy about that. The evening was filled with chatting and some great healthy food. We were filled in on the 5k tomorrow morning and questions were answered.

Here is where the perspective comes in. I came into this weekend thinking "This is JUST a 5k". I was even thinking it while some of my fellow priorfatpack was talking nervously about what was going to happen tomorrow. I realized that this 5k is really special for most, if not all, of our group. Some of us will be running the distance while others will be walking and jogging the 3.1 miles. I am pretty sure I will be doing a combination of walking and jogging. For most of the group, this is their first 5k. I am really inspired to be part of this group! Thank you everyone for the great night and see you in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it! It was great to meet you in real life. Tomorrow should be interesting to say the least

    ReplyDelete