Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Friend and An Accomplishment

I'm blogging tonight because I saw one of my sorority sisters on tv, specifically The Biggest Loser special tonight on NBC.

I am so happy to be able to support Shannon in her goal to make life changes. She was able to be involved in the first group to take advantage of the new Fitness North. Fitness North was started by a couple of previous Biggest Loser contestants. Shannon wrote about her experiences during her two week stay. Reading all of her entries made me feel that I was walking right along with her.

I worked out this morning. I've decided that running on a treadmill is easier than running on the road. I actually ran a full half mile! I know, I'm a dork but that is a huge accomplishment for me. My body aches now. Tomorrow is Turkey Day 5k and it's supposed to be the coldest Thanksgiving in 20 years. We are going to evaluate the weather when we get up in the morning. If we decide it's too cold, I plan on hitting the treadmill again to get that workout done.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment