Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day 5k

I really did want to do it but it was too dang cold. When I woke up on Thanksgiving morning, it was -10 degrees windchill and the air temperature was about 5 degrees above zero.  I didn't bring up the proper clothing for weather THAT chilly. I didn't have anything to protect my face for that weather. I still go up early and did a work out on the treadmill in my parent's basement. I would have felt like major crap if I didn't do any workout that morning. I did a 2 mile walk/run in 30 minutes. I was really pushing myself to run as long as I could without stopping. I am still really proud of myself for making it a half mile without stopping.

1 comment:

  1. I agree running in the cold is really tough without proper attire. Being able to do 2 miles in 30 mins is awesome!

    ReplyDelete