Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Satorialist

I stole this from Miss Donna over at Quiet Life. 


The Satorialist

I know this has nothing to do with my weight loss but has all to do with my love for photography. So, since this blog is titled "Destroying Dead Ends" I think that my reservations with photography fit in just fine. Here's the thing, I think I take some good pictures. I think it's just that I get lucky. The people around me tell me that I'm talented...and for some reason, I don't believe them. I have yet to get any of my images printed. I haven't done this probably because I dont know what images to get printed and if they will be good in my house.

I also don't take pictures as often as I wish I would. There have been numerous moments where I'm, say driving to work, and I think "oh wow, that would be a gorgeous shot" but then I don't have my camera with me and I would be late for work anyway if I stopped. Living in the country, giving myself a longer drive to work, has given me this opportunity multiple times: the beef cattle that is grazing in the dewy field, the heavy fog blanketing a cozy farm, and that gorgeous early morning sunrise through the trees surrounding our house. The opportunities are there. I cant let this become a dead end for me. Just like in one of the first posts I put in this blog, aren't I the one that determines what makes a photo successful? There isn't anyone there besides myself to motivate me to get myself out of bed early and on the road to work early to take advantage of those cold clear mornings!

Just another thing I wanted to share with you. I have really fallen in love with the soundtrack to True Grit. If you haven't seen the movie, I would highly recommend it. It often surprises people that I like a good Western movie, as well as Sci-Fi. I'm weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment