Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Why I Didn't Work Out Lastnight

So, most of you know that I tend to not do things on a whim. I'm a planner, I always have been. I like knowing what is going on each weekend of the upcoming month so I dont miss out on anything. When I think about it some more though, maybe all that planning actually hinders me from experiencing things.
So yesterday, I did something on a whim...and it was exciting.

During my lunch break I was reading the paper. Ben Folds was featured on the front page of the weekend entertainment section. (If you don't know who Ben Folds is, he's the geeky guy from The Sing Off) I really started listening to his music a few years ago and fell in love with it. I had been told those few years ago that I had to make sure I made it to one of his concerts because he puts on a great show. Ofcourse I was told that just a few months after he had appeared in Madison. The paper was talking about his upcoming concert at Overture Center in Madison...the concert was that night! How had I not heard about this concert before that moment?! Did God not know that I wanted to go see Ben Folds! Maybe He did. I spent a lot of my lunch hemming and hawing over whether or not Pat would go to the concert with me. I knew the music wasn't really his style but I called him anyway.  Guess what? He didn't sound too interested and even suggested that I call another friend to see if she wanted to go. When I called her, she wasn't interested. I needed to find a friend in the Madison area that liked Ben Folds or was atleast willing to give his music a try.

I figured out that I should maybe call the ticket office before I even start to worry about finding someone to go with me. If they didn't have any tickets left then my decision would be quickly made for me. It was a great thing that I called when I did because they had two tickets in the front section of the auditorium, just rows from the stage! I took them immediately, not even pausing to worry about who may or may not be going with me. When it came down to it, I talked Pat into going with me. My coworkers must think I'm quite the dork because I was running all over the office telling them how I did something on a whim and it was a great thing because I got really great tickets!

The concert was a blast! I am sooooooooooooooo glad that I paid the money to get those tickets and I'm sooooooooooo glad I made the decision to just call the ticket office. It was a great experience. Hey! And Pat really enjoyed the concert so much that he is planning on purchasing Ben Folds' new album  Lonely Avenue. I myself have already purchased it.

I also wanted to share with you the recording Ben made of our audience last night. I believe he is compiling recordings off all his concert audiences singing one of his songs from the new album.  Pat and I are visible in the video but it's not totally really clear so you would have to know exactly where we were sitting. Enjoy!

WTF IS BEN UP TO NOW? Part 4 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment