Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tasteless

So I'm sick...again. I'm sick for the second time in about a month and a half. Of course, this means that there is no working out for me because the moment I get home from work, I pull on my pjs and snuggle into a blanket, trying to calm the chills running through my body.

This morning was day three of said cold. Today, I lost my sense of smell AND taste. I hate it when I lose the taste aspect of my senses. It really is amazing how much I focus on the taste of food when I eat. I think I focus on it almost too much. I've read that we are supposed to eat food for energy but most instead eat for the emotional side. I typically lose weight when I am sick and can't taste anything because food loses that luster for me. When I'm sick, I only eat when I'm hungry and until I'm full. That's how its supposed to be. I wish I could get my diet to be like this forever, I mean, only eating what I need to keep myself from feeling hungry. For lunch, I was amazed how little amount of food I ate for me to feel full.  It is a welcome change from all the food I stuffed into my face over the weekend.

Boy I can tell I'm not my usual self. I am having some issues typing and my  thoughts aren't very focused tonight. I will continue tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. May I recommend the "Altstatt Water Trick"? You know how a regular sized Nalgene holds 32 oz? Drink about five of those a day when you're sick and you'll be amazed at how quickly you progress to the next stage of that cold. I might not get over something in a single day, but it's definitely not drawn-out.
    Get well soon, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's too bad. Hope you feel better soon.

    I know what you mean about smelling food though. I feel like I am eating sawdust when I get a cold!

    ReplyDelete